Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Air Show

They bill the Chicago Air and Water show as the largest spectator event in the country, claiming 3.1 million people one year. It could be, there were a lot. I tried to count them but lost track at 2,000,064 when I sneezed. We were treated to many great performers. My favorites were the A-10, F-15, the Golden Knights, and the Thunderbirds. I love it when they sneak in, just sub-sonic, afterburners on, and make the babies cry. I don't dislike babies but I am thrilled by fast noisy jets.

The Golden Knights Parachute Team and the Navy seals tried to wear out the small target they aimed to land on. Most hit the mark with perfect precision; some from 12,000 feet! The wing type chutes they use can be flown, just like a glider.

I was pleased to see one Golden Knight land on the spot, remove her helmet, but on her beret, and narrate the rest of the show. Beautiful, capable, parachuting women are a newly found turn-on for me. Maybe it was the beret.

Owing to a Yellowstone Park leg injury which conspires with my heart medicine to swell my leg when I stand too long, we were allowed to sit in the handicapped area. Finally, some good is spawned by my several accidents. Our seats were front row, show center. To get there early enough we had to get up with the sun, take a shuttle to O'Hare, buy a three day pass for the CTA, (trains and busses), and two trains later, arrive early at the show.
8 hours of baking in the sun prepared us for a trip to China Town for a great meal and some rest. We are now back in the hotel.
Theresa passed out seconds after showering. I am writing the blog on inertia only. I could fall asleep any sec...

No comments: