Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Can't Rollerskate Here

There was a popular song, a couple of decades ago that said, "you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd". We checked today and nobody was rollerskating. There were about 100 in this herd and they were crossing the street to get to the mud volcano. My brother, Bob, his wife and our friends the Hamiltons were stuck between two parts of the herd and could not move for about 25 minutes while a couple of bull bison decided to battle. After watching the two bulls snort and head butt each other for a while, they eventually made their way back to the RVs and escaped.

Tonight we are all in Cody, Wyoming at a Super Walmart parking lot. Walmart has an RV friendly parking policy and it is much appreciated by travelers. Our parking lot probably has 20 RVs of every sort parked for the night near the outer edges. We repay Walmart by buying food, ice, clothes and medicine. Fair trade says I.

When Theresa and I arrived my leg began to hurt badly from a small injury I had packing up the camper this morning. Not having visited a hospital all week, I thought it was time for an x-ray and so did the ER doc. Properly irradiated and diagnosed to have a bad bruise I was directed to use Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation, (remember RICE). I feel good tonight with an ice pack on my elevated leg. I expect to be fine by Wednesday. Another small bump in the road.

I think we will hang around Cody for a day or two before we head to the real wild life at Sturgis.

2 comments:

jacksaul said...

Harry: No matter where you travel, you seem to find a variety of medical resources. From Thailand to Cody Wyoming!! Sorry, Speakers were disposed of before getting your e-mail.

Anonymous said...

Harry,
I think you should turn your blog into a book. You are an excelelent writer (not sure if that is a comment from someone who regularly uses "more better"). You and Theresa have also had an interesting journey and have experienced the "real side" of life. Good luck getting to Sturgis and hope your leg gets better. Tell Theresa hello. Janemar